Sunday, September 27, 2009

Heading home today

I've had a great trip, with Grandma and my other relatives very happy to see me (and vice versa - we don't see each other often). The weather for the first couple of days was abnormally cool for Texas at this time of year, although now we are back to a more seasonal high of 90 degrees Fahrenheit. This afternoon, though, I face the flight home. I don't mind flying itself, but I'm not a big fan of the hours spent scrunched up in a coach seat, or the security checks. Once again, I have failed to wear the ideal clothing for passing through US airport security - a t-shirt, sweatpants, and slippers. Instead, I insist on wearing pants with a belt, shoes with some kind of metal in them, a watch, and various stuff in my pockets, all of which need to be removed quickly and then put back on, hopefully without losing anything.

No comments: