Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Organizational & Dusting Deficiency Syndrome

A quick glance around my living and working spaces seems to hint that I may not pay enough attention to organization. It also seems to imply that I do not dust often enough.

To check if you suffer from the same deficiencies as I do, answer the following questions truthfully:

1. Could your organizational system for mail and paperwork be accurately characterized as the "piles of paper on the floor" system?

2. Do certain corners of your bedroom and/or closets contain dust bunnies that are almost as large (though not as massive) as actual bunnies?

3. Does trying to find an old piece of mail resemble an archaeological dig ("Ah, here's level 2005 VII B, containing forgotten paperwork from the job I had at the time - but I'm looking for something from late 2007 or early 2008, so that would have been deposited in a higher layer')?

4. When you see someone's desk completely covered with piles of stuff, do you find this admirable and something to aspire to rather than appalling?

5. Do you occasionally experience paper landslides when a pile gets too tall and unstable?

6. Are you afraid to sneeze too close to your furniture and piled paper, because this would kick up a cloud of dust that would turn the one sneeze into an uncontrollable, convulsive series of at least 10 more sneezes?

If your answer to any of these questions is "Yes", then you may have an organizational and/or dusting deficiency. If your answer to ALL of the questions is "Yes", then you have pretty much the same problem that I do.

2 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

1) yes
2) yes
3) no
4) yes
5) not yet
6) no

Is this the part where you try to sell me something?

RPS77 said...

Sell you something? I wasn't thinking of anything that practical when I made this post!