Sunday, November 14, 2010

Plant and garden pics from this year

Lilacs blooming in front of the house in May


Pyrethrum or Painted Daisies in bloom, May
(species possibly Chrysanthemum coccineum also called
Tanacetum coccineum)


Unfortunately blurred closeup of a flower whose name escapes me at the moment,
taken in May.


Edge of a swamp area near where I live.




Emerging catkins (long clumps of tiny flowers) and leaves on a
white oak (Quercus alba), taken in May


Clusters of small white flowers on a
black cherry (Prunus serotina), taken in May.

Peonies in bloom, taken in June



Sunset from the back yard, taken in June

7 comments:

troutbirder said...

Glad I ran across your blog. You definitely have a knack for photography.
Troutbirder - another history guy who takes time to smell the roses.:)

RPS77 said...

Thank you! I'm not the greatest photographer around, but sometimes I get some good pictures.

Sue Catmint said...

Great photos - is that mauve flower a kind of chrysantheum? cheers, catmint

RPS77 said...

catmint - looking at it again, I think it's something in the Centaurea genus - the thistles. The flowers look thistle-like, and although I'm sure that plant didn't have spines, some of the species in that genus don't have them. Thank you for the comment - I wish I was in the same season as you at this time of year!

naynis said...

voir meilleurs sacs de répliques en ligne aimez-le sacs de créateurs de répliques cliquez ici pour en savoir plus Loewe Dolabuy

Unknown said...

my blog Dolabuy YSL company website replica bags buy online read the full info here Dolabuy Loewe

Unknown said...

w2b82f8y95 q2b21z7l00 q8q13z0g68 p9u06v7y74 v0d91q5k15 c4k76h2l37